SASM: A Step Forward to Advance your SAFe Scrum Master Career4 min read
You had a keen interest in the field of Agile and Scrum. You have even done some certifications related to it. But with numerous advanced certifications floating around, you find yourself in doubt. You try your hands in SAFe too and now you find yourself confused. Don’t worry, we have got you. Are you too looking for an opportunity to extend your Servant- Leadership in Scale Agile Framework? You have acquired the Scrum Master certification but now you are looking forward to advancements? SASM is the choice for you.
Through the SASM training, you get the chance to get a deeper knowledge of
- Agile Team
- Creation of community
Becoming an Advanced Scrum Master training is not only a step forward but also acts as a way to empower the Scrum Masters by inculcating cross-team interaction and growth. The course includes topics like
- Introduction to Agile, Scrum, and, DevOps practices
- Benefits and perks of Scalable Engineering. With industries demanding and wanting to grow, scalability becomes a significant factor.
- Efficient use of Kanban to facilitate a smoother flow of value
- Productive as well as cross-interaction between architects, teams, stakeholders, and, customers
- Establishing and practicing alternatives to address Agile and Scrum anti-pattern
Course outline for SASM
The SAFe Advanced Scrum Master course Objectives include functions like
- Putting the theoretical knowledge of Lean and Agile into practice- The SAFe principles are incorporated into the role of Scrum Master
- Program Execution- it includes planning the program flow, executing the program, deciding the workflow, synchronizing the development, and, planning for the incoming Program Increment
- Exploring Agile and Scrum Pattern- getting insights into the anti-patterns related to Product Owner, causes of anti-patterns
- Exploring the roles and responsibilities- how the Scrum Master is connected to the SAFe? The importance of SAFe/ What are the challenges faced by a Scrum Master
- Establishing an efficient team- a team that is cooperative, well-versed, and interactive. The team should have a sense of trust in one another. They should work collaboratively to build a path for improvement for the team.
- Working with Kanban- Keep track of the flow and work and look for ways to enhance efficiency.
- Increasing the performance- problem-solving workshops and adopting Inspect and Adapt processes
- Gaining knowledge about Kanban eXtreme Program for better optimization
Who can apply for this course?
- Agile Coach
- Scrum Master
- Project Manager
- Business Analyst
- Release Train Engineer
- SAFe Program Consultant
- Product Manager
- Product Owner
Prerequisites for SASM:
None as such. Anyone with the willingness to attend the course can opt for it and become part of the SASM team. However, having SSM, Certified Scrum Master, and Professional Scrum Master certification can be a plus point. Possessing prior familiarity with Scrum and Agile makes the course a bit easier. This rigorous course needs drive and sincerity from the individuals.
Details for the certification:
After the completion of the training, you are required to take an exam to attain the certification for the SASM.
- The exam is certified by Scaled Agile Inc.
- There are different modes of teachings in the course
- Open- training Classroom
- Customized on-site training
- Online training with a live instructor
- The exam fee is usually included in the SASM Training Cost. This is only when you take the exam within the 30 days window of the completion of the course.
- The exam format is Multiple Choice Question
- The duration is 120 mins
- The total number of questions is 60 and the passing criteria are 73%. It means you need to answer at least 44 questions correctly.
- Make sure that you regularly revise the topics so that they stay fresh in your mind. Solve practice papers to identify your strengths and weaknesses.
- Exam retakes- Suppose you do not pass the exam on the first attempt; you still get the opportunity to do so later. However, each retake can cost you $50.
- You are required to annually renew the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master Certification.
Renewal costs $100
The amount of PDUs and SEUs earned are 15
SAFe has been solving several issues related to scalability and extensibility. With the introduction of SAFe, things have become easier. Industries are continuously making shifts to better and, more efficient SAFe. Earning a certification in coming-of-age technology can make you different from others in the field. It imparts theoretical or practical knowledge of the subject. Besides, it inculcates professionalism and qualities like team building, management, communication, and practicality in the individual too. being clear in your goal and choosing the right path for it can work wonders at times.